Each therapist in our office practices independently, therefore sets his or her own fees. The average fee for a 50 minute session with each therapist is listed below. Our therapists also offer reduced fee opportunities to clients that are unable to afford the full fee based on income or other extenuating circumstances. If you are interested in working with a therapist, but cannot afford their fee, please reach out to inquire about whether or not they have any “sliding scale” appointment spaces available. If they do not they can direct you to a therapist in the practice that does.
Payment is collected at the time of the service and is payable by cash, credit or debit card, FSA/ HSA, or check. We accept all major credit cards.
Therapist Fees for 50 Minute Session:
- Elizabeth Earnshaw, LMFT – $140.00
- Ariel Stern, LPC – $140.00
- Lauren Rosner, LCSW – $120.00
- Deirdre Cosgrove, MFT – $120.00
- Carly McDade, MS – $95.00 for individuals, $110.00 for couples and families
- Virginia Harr, LCSW – $100.00
If you have and would like to use health insurance to cover psychotherapy sessions, please note that we do not accept insurance directly at our practice. We are out-of-network providers in the behavioral health care system. We do not submit claims.
If you have insurance that offers behavioral health coverage for out-of-network providers then we can provide you with a receipt to submit to your insurer.
If you would like to receive reimbursement call the behavioral health number on the back of your insurance card and ask:
- Do I have out of network coverage?
- Do I need prior authorization?
- How much of the fee is reimbursed?
- Do I have a deductible? How much more of my deductible needs to be met prior to receiving reimbursement?
- What address should I send my therapy receipts to? Do I need any forms to accompany the receipt?
- If you are interested in family or couples therapy make sure your insurance covers CPT code 90847. Many insurances do not cover couples or family therapy.
Specific CPT codes you can ask your insurer about are:
The initial intake appointment: 90791 typically 60 minutes.
For treatment sessions: 90834 for 45 minutes, 90837 for 60 minutes. 90846 for school meetings or family therapy without the patient, 90847 for family therapy or home observation including couples therapy where the patient is present.
For a group: 90853
How do I submit the reimbursement receipts to my insurance company?
When you call your insurance company you can ask them which forms are required for submitting out of network reimbursement. If you do not have time to do this or if that process seems overwhelming, there is an app for iPhone called “Better” which will submit your claims for you, check for errors, and resubmit if necessary. If you do not have an iPhone you can visit the Better website to submit the claims. Better charges a small fee to do this for you. (Although the names sound similar we are not associated with Better)
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you will be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!