What is The Gottman Method?
Gottman Method Couples Therapy combines Dr. John Gottman’s 35 years of research on couples’ relationships with Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman’s more than 30 years of clinical practice. Through research-based interventions and exercises, Gottman therapy helps couples break through barriers to achieve greater understanding, connection and intimacy in their relationships.
This method is a structured, goal-oriented, and scientifically based.
Intervention strategies are based upon empirical data from Dr. Gottman’s three decades of research with more than 3,000 couples. This research shows us what actually works to help couples achieve a long-term healthy relationship. Gottman Method Couples Therapy was developed out of this research to help you and your spouse or partner:
- Increase respect, affection, and closeness
- Break through and resolve conflict when you feel stuck
- Generate greater understanding between you and your partner
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Maintain improvements in your relationship