Our therapists believe that family relationships are an important factor in overall health. Family therapy can help families to deepen their connections and understanding of each other while relieving emotional pain and negative behavior patterns. It can be helpful in any situations which brings stress, grief,confusion, fear, or anger into your family. Our therapists are trained to work with families and children to overcome a variety of issues.
If you are seeking therapy for your child we treat the child as part of the family and expect parental involvement in their therapy.
How does it work?
Your therapist will talk with you more about the particular issue or issues you would like to address. You will then schedule a time to meet with your therapist. Sometimes you may meet as an entire family, while other times it may be best to meet one-on-one with the therapist.
During family therapy:
- Each family member will have a chance to describe their concerns.
- You will examine your family’s ability to manage stress and conflict, solve problems, and express thoughts and emotions.
- Explore family roles, behavior expectations, and rules.
- Be given direction on how to solve problems and set family norms.
- Identify family strengths that make your family unique and special.
Issues We Treat
- Behavior Issues
- Opposition Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- School Difficulties
- Divorce/ Separation Issues
- Family Conflict
- Grief and Loss
- Coping Skills for family stress
- Impact of substance abuse on the family