Each week we #asktheexpert to share mental health and relationship information that people care about most. Eunice is the founder of The Art of Dating in New York City. Eunice supports “that woman that has almost everything” in finding their perfect match. You can follow her @artofdatingnyc on instagram or visit her webpage here.
The Art of Dating
My business is called the Art of Dating because relationship success is a combination of art and science. The science is the research backed elements driving relationship success. However, the art is the intersection of unique individuals coming together in this dance. What does this mean?
You matter in the equation. How you interact with your date will influence how he feels about you. People mirror what they see and respond in kind. Here are some tips:
1. Create an emotional connection by asking interesting questions and being interested in the person.
2. Show vulnerability and be authentic. Share your dreams and hopes and be real.
3. Let go of the tough exterior and rid your agenda. Instead, your goal should be to have fun and create a meaningful connection.
4. Stay in the present. You’re not there to determine if he is marriage material on date # 1. You only goal is to find out if you want date # 2 with him.
5. Physical cues such as smiling, making eye contact, touching someone on the arm or back encourages him and shows that you’re engaged.
The more your practice the “art” of dating, the more comfortable you’ll become. The more comfortable, the more fun you’ll have on dates – strengthening your connection.
Not all dates will work out. That’s the point to vet them strategically. Creating an authentic and real vibe will get you to see his true colors faster and also expedite the connection, if it is real.
Give it a try and, most of all, have fun!
Helping you to live your most authentic and powerful life,